Journey is a journal app for Chrome OS and Android that is easy to use and nicely designed. It could be very useful for students to use for their journals for any class.
Many English classes have students write journals, but a journal can be very useful for any class as a means to record what students are doing, thinking, and learning.
There is a free version, and a paid premium version (adds markdown support, removes PDF watermark, lets you export and backup the journal, and has Night Mode).
It has some very nice features and is very easy to use:
- Easy writing experience with keyboard shortcuts
- photo and video entries
- cross platform (syncs with your Google account)
- tracks weather
- daily inspirations
- publish to Facebook, Twitter and others
- search by keyword
- create tags
- browse entries by journey, list, calendar, photo or atlas
- import from other systems
- Does not sync real time so don't try editing on multiple devices at once
This is a nice platform for writing that can help students.